August 17, 2018
China is moving toward its goal of exploring an unseen part of Earth’s natural satellite, and today’s show leads off with an update on the country’s plans. We’re also reporting on the process surrounding a U.S. Supreme Court nomination. And we’re remembering a highly influential American musician.
Thank you for being part of an extraordinary season. Our daily, down-the-middle news coverage will resume on August 13, 2018.
1. NASA’s “Parker” probe was recently launched in an effort to study what?
2. In what Pacific body of water has China controversially built a number of manmade islands and made the biggest territorial claims in the region?
3. In what year did California see the largest wildfire in the state’s recorded history?
4. To process international travelers, Orlando International is the first U.S. airport to commit to using what kind of technology?
5. The Morandi Bridge, part of which collapsed earlier this week, is located in the northwestern part of what country?
6. A state of emergency was recently declared in several counties of Florida because of what natural, marine phenomenon that involves algae?
7. In what central African nation has the government announced a new outbreak of the Ebola virus, shortly after it said a previous outbreak had ended?
8. What country’s economy and currency have taken a tumble amid its diplomatic tensions with the United States?
9. Name the historic invention, which was discussed on Thursday’s show, that was funded with profits from print and bicycle shops.
10. A rover and a satellite are both part of China’s mission to explore what part of the moon?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10
If you enjoyed our content, we'd really appreciate some "love" with a share or two.
And ... Don't forget to have fun!